Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Krenson Family

I have known my friend, Carrie, since before either of us had children. The priest at our church introduced us when he found out we were both adopting. As it turned out, we were both using the same agency. Their daughter, Dasha, came home just a few weeks after our oldest son, Jack. They are both from the same area of Russia. And I knew I would be friends with Carrie forever because she has that perfect quality that's hard to find in a friend... she makes me laugh til my side aches. Her humor that she approaches life with translates to her gorgeous children. Her husband will be deploying soon, so it was a total honor for me to take photos of his beloved that he can enjoy while he's away. You should read her story at Laugh or Cry Carrie!

This first photo sums up these two children. It didn't bother Evan at all that I asked them to climb up on the locomotive, even though the sign clearly said not to. However, Dasha was very worried about breaking a rule. You will see from the expressions in the photos that they are two very different children. It was fun and funny to capture both of them in their extreme opposite-ness.











1 comment:

  1. Ondrea, you have touched me with this post and brought tears to my eyes. And the photos I have seen so far are amazing. What a mood you capture in your photography -- it's perfect! Thank you so much for being such a great friend and a great person. I am truly blessed to have you in my life!

    ReplyDelete